fot

RE: caster angle

To: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: RE: caster angle
From: "Ronald R Gates" <Ronald.R.Gates@usa.dupont.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:31:20 -0400
This is good stuff ,i am in the middle of changing my front camber on my 4
and i have the early upper a-arms .I made a really cool jig to set the arms
up on , to measure the lenghts as a starting and finishing points . It also
keeps everthing alaigned  to weld when finished . I am just in the middle
of this project and finished the left front corner . It came out to be 7/8
degree negative , from 0 camber starting point . I took off .110 off the
arm . I took .130 off the right front because it had a bit of pos. camber .
I should  have taken a little more off each side maybe (the front seems to
stick fairly well already ) but  i now have a base line as to what  the
camber changes are , if i do it again i will try .150in off the next ones .
Also if you raise the ride height or lower it , i think this also has
effect on the camber . Anyhow , it  has been fun playing with this suff ,.
the rod ends that you have are the way to go , for sure . but i don,t think
the tec guys at the vintage events would be happy with me if i showed
up with that set-up .