fot

Re: Protocol on the FOT List...Website activity

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Protocol on the FOT List...Website activity
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 19:37:16 -0700
Joe C,

Many, if not all, organizations find themselves having to step back, and
re-focus on what brought them together in the first place.  Joe
A., purposely avoided being specific.  He's just trying to nudge the group in
the right direction.  I don't think the topic is out of
line, but at the same time, I don't think it was meant to be taken so seriously
as to leave members, such as yourself,  threatening to
withdraw their participation.

Chat rooms and newsgroups are notorious for getting out of hand.   The creation
of unbending rules & regulations, the installation of
draconian minded moderators, and censorship are always the road to destruction.
 The answer is always self moderation.  It's a cycle that
every successful internet chat room and news group experiences.  That self
moderation is simply talking about it and thereby re-focusing
the group.  Joe A. just happened to be the one to bring up the topic this time
around.   Provided you, Joe C,  stick with us, you may very
well be the one to start the re-focusing topic months from now.

Hopefully, this thread, for this time around, will draw to a close shortly, and
we can all return to FOT business.

--Justin Wagner