fot

Re: TR 6 FACTORY HARDTOP

To: fot@autox.team.net, quinlake@netnitco.net
Subject: Re: TR 6 FACTORY HARDTOP
From: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@pop.mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 18:50:39 +0000
Jeff asked:
> HELP-NEED TO ESTABLISH THE VALUE ON THE OPEN MARKET OF A TR 6 FACTORY HARDTOP.
> I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY OF THEM ADVERTISED LATELY SO I CANNOT SET A VALUE OF ONE
> FOR AN INSURANCE CLAIM.

At one time these hardtops commanded upwards
of $1000...BUT the days that some folks used
their TR-6 well into the colder months has pretty
much passed us by and I see very FEW people
using them anymore.  The problem is that the
hardtop is not intended to be an easy-on/easy-off
accessory.  The use was pretty much intened
to be an installation that, once installed,
stayed on year-round...OR at least for the entire
cold (i.e. winter) season.  That was the typical situation
in the Northeast.  Once folks stopped using their TR-6
on a daily basis, the need for the hardtop started to
dissipate.  Today, the NEED for a hardtop is all
but gone since most folks that would have needed
one don't drive their cars over that "winter" period
at all.

My guess:  Maybe $500, but I'd bet you'd be
lucky to find a buyer even at that price anymore.

Hope that helps somewhat?

Cheers,
Bill Sohl