fot

FOT Survey: Interest in National Racecar/Autocross Event

To: mjb@cs.utah.edu, CPerket@aol.com
Subject: FOT Survey: Interest in National Racecar/Autocross Event
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:54:47 EST
I am really struggling with this one....great idea with high fun factor. Just
a few thoughts.

It seems like it would make sense to find a track that wanted to do such a
thing as well as a Sanctioning Body that would organize it.

Central Venues:

Blackhawk Farms in Illinois with VSCDA comes to mind.
Grattan or Gingerman in Michigan with VSCDA comes to mind.

Brainerd might be a candidate....needs sanctioning body that does not require
membership in SCCA....the vintage events that now take place at Brainerd are
done in under the SCCA umbrella (insurance) and membership is required.

Schedule 2001-2-3:

Seems like it already too late for 2001.  2002 is the All Triumph Race in
Mid-Ohio....(we could concentrate our FOT efforts on this to insure a
successfull meeting in 2002)...

That takes us to 2003.   In spite of the "50th Anniversary" event at Mid-Ohio
in 2002, the anniversary of TR Production and the Jabbeke Run is more like
2003...

I'd recommend this idea for long term planning, in 2003, with 'real' 50th
Anniversary Triumph Meet.

Joe Alexander