fot

Re: FOT Survey: Interest in National Racecar/Autocross Event

To: <CPERKET@aol.com>
Subject: Re: FOT Survey: Interest in National Racecar/Autocross Event
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:10:37 -0600
1. Would you attempt to annually participate in an all triumph race event
 showcasing both pre 1972 and post 1972 racing cars/setups?
YES

 2. Would autocrossers be willing to use the actual race track (with some
 chicanes) for auto cross matches if necessary?
YES

 3. Would you prefer an all Triumph Automobile Race (the TAR) or British
 Automobile Race (the BAR) with jags, mgs, etc?

 I THINK AN ALL BRITISH EVENT, SPONSORED BY THE FOT AND MAYBE ONE OF THE BIG
3, IN CONJUNCTION WITH AN EXISTING ALL BRITISH CAR DAY/WEEKEND WOULD BE
IDEAL. WE COULD HAVE AN ALL TRIUMPH RACE, ALL MG, ALL JAG ETC., AS WELL AS
RACING IN GROUPS. WE COULD HOLD AN AUTOCROSS AT THE TRACK, TRACK TOURING,
FUNKANA, AND RALLYES AND AN ALL BRITISH CAR SHOW. IN MY MIND THIS SHOULD BE
HELD SOMEPLACE CENTRAL SO BOTH COASTS COULD ATTEND, EITHER PRE OR
POST-SEASON SO AS NOT TO CONFLICT WITH OUR REGULAR  EVENTS. THIS EVENT WOULD
HAVE TO PRODUCE 100 ENTRIES TO BE SUCCESSFUL, BUT THIS SEEMS PLAUSIBLE

 4. Would you be willing to donate time to see such an event take place ?

I WOULD DO WHATEVER I CAN BASED ON WHERE THE EVENT IS HELD.

Bob Kramer
TR4, TR4A, TR6, 2.5 Saloon
rgk@flash.net