fot

FOT Survey: Interest in National Racecar/Autocross Event

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: FOT Survey: Interest in National Racecar/Autocross Event
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:46:14 EST
    PLEASE CC: RESPOND TO THE ADDRESS CPERKET@AOL.COM. I CAN THEN TABULATE

    Buried in one of my comments about the Monterey event was a suggestion
about a national Triumph autocross/race weekend combined with a car show. I
receive a unusually large number (about 11) of direct unsolicited positive

    Realizing that Joe's efforts at Mid-Ohio are a step in the direction of
such a national meet, I though that it would be worthwhile to open some
dialog about such a nation event. Some specific questions:

1. Would you attept to annually participate in an all triumph race event
showcasing both pre 1972 and post 1972 racing cars/setups?

2. Would autocrossers be willing to use the actual race track (with some
chicanes) for auto cross matches if necessary?

3. Would you prefer an all Triumph Automobile Race (the TAR) or British
Automobile Race (the BAR) with jags, mgs, etc?

4. Would you be willing to donate time to see such an event take place ?

I am assuming at this point that the car show element could be handled by
VTR. The last thing we need is to duplicate effort.

Regards, Cary Perket