fot

Re: Exhaust System

To: cobra@airmail.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Exhaust System
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:40:33 EST
In a message dated 2/13/01 2:43:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
cobra@airmail.net writes:

<< I have been reading this discussion with interest.  I am moving into the
 final stages of building a TR3A for vintage racing primarily with CVAR.
 Ed Barnard is actually building the car for me.  All of his research
 tell us to run 45 inches of 2" pipe thru the center frame box and
 terminate in front of the rear wheel.  Which rear wheel will be finally
 determined by where the 45 inches will take us, but we think it will be
 the right side (passenger).  We plan to have a muffler shop bend the
 pipe to fit and reach the proper tuned length.  We won't have any noise
 problems with CVAR, but I know it could be a problem elsewhere.

 Richard

I believe that this is what Kas said in the 60's (little black book).