fot

TWS - Who is Coming in 4 weeks

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TWS - Who is Coming in 4 weeks
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:56:12 -0600
"TWS - Who is Coming in 4 weeks?"

Jeff's question reminded me that Cary asked me for to update the FOT list as
to how CVAR plans on handling those cars that do not quite meet CVAR rules.
This means cars with flares or other changes not allowed in  the SCCA 1972
GCR and PCS.

It's really simple. For non CVAR members that are members of another race
organization that participate in a CVAR event, they will waiver any
non-conforming cars and allow them to race in the appropriate CVAR Class. If
the car were to attend more than one CVAR event per year, they would require
that the car be corrected, but that would not be a problem for out of state
visitors making a once a year trek to TWS. They also stipulate, that if a
car completely dominated it's class due to it's non-conforming status, they
would then bump it up a class. This is important, because they would not put
someone into the limited track time "Exhibition" Class, but a super fast TR6
might end up running with the Corvettes and Mustangs in Group 1. The down
side is that any car not in production in 1972 would not be allowed, i.e.:
no TR7 or TR8 racecars allowed.

CVAR has agreed to put on an All British Challenge Race during the 2002
March event. I have explained to them the type of flexibility that SVRA
allowed for the Sprint Vintage Grand Prix/Triumph MG Challenge, and they
agree to be that flexible with us. Any questions? I can see no reason not to
load it and lug it to TWS.

As far as I know we definitely have the Wilt TR3A, the Alexander TR4, my
TR4, Susan's Spitfire, the Hardison TR3A (if it's finished in time!). In the
fall, a few others that said they were coming depending on the
circumstances, and of course, all are welcome. We'd like to know who is
coming so we can set up a area big enough for all the cars. AFAIK, we have 3
garage slots, and we can paddock the rest along the front straight adjacent
to the end on the garage building. Plenty of room, but I'll need to get
there first and claim it for FOT.

Bob Kramer
TR6, TR4A, TR4, 2.5PI
Hill Country Triumph Club