fot

Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#561491323: Triumph

To: tedtsimx@mail.q1.net, BillDentin@aol.com, 356drb@indy.net, rgk@flash.net,
Subject: Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#561491323: Triumph
From: TRBILBO@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 18:05:43 EST
If it matters to anyone ..... I have run the Al Flywheel Jim made (Stamped
Donato Racing) and a key feature is that each is serial numbered and
registered with Jim against the exact CNC tape used for each wheel ....as
well as any inspection records. Jim noted that he has made minor improvements
along the way and all numbered changes are recorded. Additionally, the CNC
tape record allows Jim to make an exact insert for the friction material (it
is replaceable) which made it much more attractive than the AP and PAeco Al
flywheels I have owned with molded or sprayed surfaces.

It really is a beautiful piece. Almost too pretty to hide in a bellhousing.
Mine is drilled for the tr4A and TR6 clutch and early TR3 clutch as well as
my three piece AP bronze clutch assembly. It came perfectly balanced and FIT
(another problem I;ve seen on PAeco flywheels if proper interference fit with
the crank end  and bad runout... even with some sweating).

But at $250 it's not a bad deal.....I just think the extra $50 buys a lot of
personal experience from Jim and potentially a much longer lasting product.
Time will tell of course.

Sorry to hear of Jim's Dad passing. I'm sure all FOT'rs send their best.

Bill Burroughs, #195 1965 TR4A IRS
E Ticket Triumphs