fot

Volvo Historic Series

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Volvo Historic Series
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:33:43 -0500
The Volvo Historic Series run by the Northern New Jersey SCCA has
finally come out with their schedule.  The series is open to race cars
1973 and older.  Cars must meet SCCA safety specs, or at least come
close (I have seen them make some exceptions such as classifying the
car as an IT car, which does not require as much safety equipment).
The Series runs as a support race for SCCA national and regional
races.   Three of the races this year are at National races. We do
not, however, need a national lisence. The schedule is as follows:
April 7-8----Summit Point (national)
May 5-6-----New Hampshire Int. Raceway (national)
May 19-20(Double)--Pocono
June 23-24----Pocono
June 29-30---Lime Rock (national)
August 10-11--Lime Rock
August 25-26--New Hampshire
Sept 15-16(Double)--Watkins Glen

I am planning to do as many of the races as I can. I am shooting to
make it to Summit Point, but with the car still apart it is going to
be tough to make it (I knew that I should have started  tearing into
the car in September instead of November).  If any one  like to race
in the series or come help out at any of the events (or even during
March) let me know.  Joe (B)

Shop online without a credit card
RocketCash, a NetZero subsidiary