fot

RE: Lowering the front of a Spit

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lowering the front of a Spit
From: "James Gambony" <BritBits@tiu.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 22:23:29 -0500
Joe,

My autocrosser has the Carreras with the adjustable perch....

The previous owner also passed along a pair of front springs... 8 turn x
410lb that appear (by eye) 1-2" shorter than the stock Spitfire springs.
Definitely heftier than the stock Spit spring... don't know where they came
from though.

I dug out my Spitfire Competition Preparation manual (R.W. Kastner,
copyright 1964) and he only specifies "factory competition springs".

Have you tried the factory rep yet?  :-)

Cheers,

Jim