fot

Re: Lowering the front of a Spit

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Lowering the front of a Spit
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 07:28:55 -0700
I have been toying with the idea of some modifications and would like to pass
some of the potential ideas past the list for opinions.  Feel free to
comment, I have my Nomex underwear on!!

1. The GT6's has a spacer under one of the upper spring perches to balance the
stance of the front end.  Would adding spacers under both sides
effectively lower the front end?  The length of the 3 attaching bolts makes it
possible to put a spacer about 1/2 to 3/4" thick between that and the
shock tower.

2, It would appear that id the bottom shock mount was relocated downward, one
could accomplish the same lowering effect.  My thought was to take two
pieces of mild steel bolted into the inside of the two halves of the A frame
(around the trunnion lower attaching point and to where the shock
normally bolts).  Then sticking down low enough to bolt the shock lower mount
about 1" lower.  Stress on those brackets is my main concern.
Opinions?????

Thanks,
Joe (C)