fot

Re: Fuel Testing

To: BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fuel Testing
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 20:00:25 -0400
Bill,

As another reference point, when I got my car from Rich Hone, in the piles
of spares I got 4 floats. Two had sunk and had gas in them, one was empty
but appeared to be resoldered, and one was new in a sealed plastic bag. At
the Glen on the first lap of practice, one of my floats sunk. I used the
one in the sealed plastic bag, and now I have two more new ones. You are
not alone. I guess I should rob my spare carbs of their OEM floats.

My street Triumph has never had any of these problems. Probably is the
racing fuel.