fot

Autocross @ Mid-Ohio

To: wiseman@titan.com, jfl@neocom.edu
Subject: Autocross @ Mid-Ohio
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 14:19:59 EDT
There is a high level of interest in having an Autcross in conjunction with
the 2002 Mid-Ohio event. We will need a volunteer to lead this effort. Who
will step up to the plate?

Some notes:

It is unlikely that SVRA and Mid-Ohio will be interested in having it on the
track as this is always a very busy weekend. It was mentioned, by Mr. Wiseman
that such events are conducted on a nearby regional airport....this seems
like an opportunity.

Friday and Saturday morning might be time slots available...Saturday
afternoon is usually the time when the special marque races are run...that's
us. We then could combine the awards for both the All Triumph Race and the
Autocross last thing Saturday afternoon.

Henry Frye has opened up a second list for those that might participate in
the Autocross...please use this to register you interest.

http://www.fot-racing.com/mid-ohio.htm

We also need to get this out to the 'general population' of Triumph owners.

When we identify a 'leader' of this effort, it could announced on the big
Triumph List.
Seems a little premature at the moment.

This seems like a great idea, to have the autocross, as it will attract more
folks and allow more participation.

What do you think TR Householder?

Joe Alexander