fot

Re: brake line question

To: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: brake line question
From: Bob Bownes <bownes@web9.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 13:13:34 -0700
I'd second Bill. Replace everything with steel lines, AN fittings and
stainless braided. The bulb-type are not designed for repeated
assy/disassy.
Ripping the whole mess out and replacing everything with AN will cost
more initially, but save alot of time, trouble, and heartache later on.
Make sure you flare (single flare) with a real AN flare. AN <> SAE flare
found in American cars.

I'd refer you to Carol Smith on the subject of fasteners and fittings.
He's pretty much the definitive word on the subject. Every 'real' race
car I've ever looked at and every aircraft I've ever looked at uses AN
fittings. There is a good reason for it.

iii