fot

Wheel Options

To: "'fot@autox.team.net'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheel Options
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 13:31:31 -0500
After this weekend's outing with the GT6 at Blackhawk Farms Raceway, I'm
thinking seriously about replacing my 13x5 Minator wheels (Minilite
knockoffs) with something different.  I'm running AVS Intermediates which I
really like, but in 13 inch they only come in widths of 185 and 205 (aspect
ratio of 60) -- 185 is much too small in diameter and 205 is the right
diameter, but too wide for my 5 inch wheels.

In Midwestern Council's autox program, any wheel is acceptable.  It's one
modification point per full inch of wheel width or diameter change from
stock.  I've got the points to play with -- I could go to 15x7 if I could
find a wheel with the correct backspace.

So ... vendor options?  Thoughts on options for replacement wheels?

Scott Barr
sbarr@mccarty-law.com <mailto:sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
(920) 766-4693
(920) 766-4756 (fax)