fot

Lime Rock

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lime Rock
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 17:17:03 -0400
I raced in the Volvo Historic Series Race this weekend aat Lime Rock,
and the track was hot and slippery.  Our qualifying lap times were
about a second off of our best times, and race laps were a couple
seconds off.  I got side ways a couple of times, and saved it during
practice.  Thanks to all the corner workers that endures the heat all
day!  We were the last race group, and it was hot just waiting around
all day to race.

I qualified 4th overall and 1st in class.  I ran in third until an MGA
puked oil all over the racing line and then across the track on the
"no name straight".  I backed off as a measure of self preservation
and let the couple of kamakazis behind me go for it.  I still finished
4th over all and 1st in class.  Unlike many other drivers, I managed
not to spin during the race.  The only casualty of the day was a
Shelby Mustang that hit the tire wall in Big Bend in qualifying and
crinkled his front end.  Joe(B)

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!