fot

Re: Oil viscosity

To: Frank Axelrod <Frankster@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Oil viscosity
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:54:05 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 15 Jul 2001, Frank Axelrod wrote:

> i typicall run 60-80psi in  my 1147 and use 20/50...i did however experience
> what you described and it was a stuck regulator as Randall points out....no
> big deal....

Just to balance things out here - I also experienced a stuck pressure
relief valve on my TR6 last year and I munged one connecting rod bearing
(I killed the motor before I "hurt it").

Seeing that it's a 10 min job to check the P.R.V., I'd pull it just to be
sure. Look for dings in the shaft of the valve itself and make sure
there's no "cruft" in the bore of the big "nut thingie".

And dont forget to anneal the seal ring before you put the whole mess back
together, or you'll introduce a new oil leak to your engine.

> frank

See ya,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |