fot

Rear end rebuilding

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear end rebuilding
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 07:16:38 -0600
Susan, its not necessarily your email that was down!  I sent this
yesterday and it never made it so....here it is again......

I've decided to follow Henry Frye's advice and assemble my
Southwick axle as soon as possible.  Apparently after Henry
installed the Salisbury LSD in his Southwick modified axie he ran
into the problem of axles being to short and had to get new longer
axles from Southwick.  Since his application was a TR4 and mine is
a TR3 I can't simply use the same length axles as Henry.

The axle I had converted was one I received from Joe(A) and it was
just the bare housing with the bearing caps.  So I'm in the
process or ordering new bearings and shims.  Since this is a "new"
installation I needed to order these components .  I was able to
get the bearings without any problem but most of the shims appear
to be "discontinued" or "no longer sold".

So, does anyone have any idea where I can come up with the various
shims I'll need to get the diff set up properly?

Also, if anyone has a spare Pinion Spacer laying around I'd be
happy to buy it.

Thanks!

Brad
1957 TR3