fot

Re: Speaking of Flywheels...

To: lang@isis.mit.edu, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speaking of Flywheels...
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 14:24:53 EDT
In a message dated 10/11/01 9:26:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
lang@isis.mit.edu writes:

<< does the racing clutch require that I machine the flywheel for a
 different size clutch surface (e.g. where the clutch disk contacts the
 flywheel)? >>

My Tilton flywheel came drilled for both pressure plates: The stock larger
diameter pressure plate and disc, and the Tilton smaller diameter on/off
switch, single disc setup.

With the Tilton pressure plate, you have to have a machinist make a 3"
distance piece on which to mount the throw-out bearing so that the bearing
will reach the pressure plate diaphragm.  I am presently using the TR-4
diaphragm throw-out bearing, but Tilton supplied a smaller throw-out bearing.
 I don't have the proper distance piece made up for this bearing yet.