fot

Re: Speaking of Flywheels...

To: lang@isis.mit.edu, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speaking of Flywheels...
From: EPRacer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 17:44:32 EDT
Bob:

I have been using the Tilton OT-II clutch in my TR7 for ten years with no
problems at all.  This year I sent it back to Tilton to have the face on the
flywheel, the diaphragm spring and the pressure plate replaced.  First time
it has had any maintenance in all that time.  If you have a Tilton flywheel
that was set up for the stock clutch, you may need to buy a new flywheel too.
The OT-II is a 7 1/4" unit and I am fairly sure they cannot be re-machined,
but I would call Tilton.  Since the GT6 and the TR7 gearbox is the same, it
should work fine.  I prefer the 4 speed over the 5 speed since it is some 40
pounds lighter.

I have not heard about a clutch coming apart for years, and when I saw it was
the original Borg and Beck type it seems to me that may be the problem. When
you see a Tilton clutch, there is very little that can come apart.

Hope this helps,
Lyn Pollock
EPRacer@aol.com