fot

RE: Weber Jets

To: "'TeriAnn Wakeman'" <twakeman@cruzers.com>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Weber Jets
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 11:56:52 -0800
Actually, if you're building a race car you want two pumps, and you should
wire, switch and fuse them independently. You don't need additional check
valves, even if the pump fails because the internal check valves stick
open (unlikely that both of them would) there is more than enough pressure
drop across the pump to ensure flow. I don't agree with TeriAnn about the
TR3 mechanical pump being ideal. It's prone to failure. But it is true
that you don't need high pressure. The standard Holly centrifugal pumps
are fine and will work even if they get some junk in them.

 I'm also a little confused about anyone wanting to pay $150 for a used
pump, gauge and regulator. Must be special stuff. The standard holly pump
is fine--they cost about thirty bucks, a good regulator is less than
thirty, and a four port #6 manifold and pressure gauge is available from
Russell for about $30. You can build a two pump system with good hose and
fittings for about that.