fot

Re: Weber Jets

To: whitedog72@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Weber Jets
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:30:26 -0700
Andy,

It is really difficult to get a setting that really works right out of
the box. There are to many variables. There is a book by Haynes that has
some original equipment as well as conversion settings and that might be
a place to start. It seems as though the setting for the GT-6 is based
around 28 mm chokes. Even at that, it is still just a starting point.
Your still best off to find someone that is running things as close to
what you are building, cam, header, head modifications, compression,
etc., make any adjustments for altitude and try it.
The basic concept advanced in all the Weber books I've read boils down to
install the closest setting you can find then "suck-it-and-see". The only
problem there is with 3 carbs, all the little bits really start to add
up.
Someone out there must have the basic setting you can start with.

Good luck,
Bill 70 GT-6+

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:01:50 "andrew stark" <whitedog72@hotmail.com>
writes:
> Hi all,
> Ok I have all the parts for my Gt-6 engine and I am ready to start
> the
> machine work and assembly. While I am waiting I want to build up my
> triple
> Webers and have them fairly close when they go on the car. The
> engine will
> have 12to1 compression with a fully benchflowed head with several
> other
> tricks and full race cam. I have a lightened flywheel and I also
> have
> electronic ignition and dual fuel pumps. My question is where do I
> need to
> start on Jets and emulsion tubes for the Webers. I can only run up
> to 28mm
> chokes in E-Prod. Other than that I don't think there are any
> limits.
>                           Thanks
>                            Andy

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!