fot

Re: TR3 Front Bumper

To: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>, "Jack W. Drews"
Subject: Re: TR3 Front Bumper
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 07:56:39 -0800
Joe :

The shape of the earlier bar is quite a bit different, with larger
radius corners.  There's a nice drawing of it in the lube chart found in
the front of both Haynes and the factory workshop manual.  ISTR the
cross-section is also different, with the earlier bar being more nearly
a "U" shape while the later bar has no lip on the bottom edge.  I never
paid any attention to the bolt spacing on a 3 (and mine is 2000 miles
away), but on a 3A it's 9" between the two attachment bolts on each
side, and 28" between the bolts that hold the overriders.  Perhaps
someone else can supply the bolt spacings for the early bumper (although
I wonder how many people on this list even _have_ front bumpers <g>)

The overriders were also different, the TR3 ones did not have supports
to the body, and the cutout for the bumper bar was different, to fit the
different bar cross-section.

Randall