fot

Re: Eastwood Tin Zinc Plating kit

To: "Justin" <jmwagner@greenheart.com>, <WEmery7451@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Eastwood Tin Zinc Plating kit
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 08:45:02 -0800
I first think that it should be clear that the CHROME used to build up a
crank is HARD CHROME not decorative chrome.  BIG DIFFERENCE.  It was and
probably still is quite common to hard chrome the journals of a crank.
Gives a very smooth very hard finsih that will in a lot cases withstand a
bearing going South without damaging the crank.  I'd do it but like
Nitiriding better as it effects the entire crankshaft not just the journals.