fot

Re: Mid Ohio

To: Jim Hill <jrhill@chorus.net>
Subject: Re: Mid Ohio
From: Mike Jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 08:31:16 -0500
I have some in car stuff from my TR3 several years ago.  Some on the line, some
showing the line pass under my car several times a lap:)  It's a bit shakey
since its just an inexpensive camcorder hard mounted to the roll bar.  Guess
what, eventually the camcorder shook itself to death and I havent replaced it.

Mid-O also sells an instructional tape.  If you buy it, come see me after the
2nd session you have on the track and I'll tell you which of the corners an old
car just doesnt want to do the way they try to teach it.  Modern suspensions
must be quite a wonder.  I wouldnt know.

Any PC Indy car game, errr, make that Champ car I guess, will have Mid-O as a
track.  I have an early generation version before modern spectacular graphics.
It's still pretty cool and is realistic enough to bring back memories.  Except
you dont get that empty feeling in your stomach as you go over "madness".  But
it will spin there, just like some of us have.

mike jackson