fot

RE: Re: Government assault on our toys!

To: "drewst03@home.com" <drewst03@home.com>,
Subject: RE: Re: Government assault on our toys!
From: "spitfiresuz@141.com" <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 09:31:20 -0500
Hi all!

I can't tell you the number of yards I have called and talked to regarding what
they had in the way of Spitfires and other Triumphs only to have the guy in
charge tell me, "We had something like that/several of those but we crushed it
because we didn't know what it was/no one had any interest in it."

If the yards are doing that NOW (and the guys who run the yards are supposed to
know cars) I would think adding a financial incentive to it would encourage
people who didn't know/didn't care to haul MORE of them off to be crushed.
Like has been said in previous emails, there are quite a few people with these
cars in their hands who just don't care or get tired of something sitting
around that they may not have the skill to fix but would be a great resto
project for someone with more knowledge.

I can't see an easy way for this bill to pass and still protect our precious
cars.  There are so many different classic cars out there that so many
different people appreciate that it will be very difficult to write in
exemptions.  The best thing would be for the bill to not pass at all.  Or only
apply to 1974 Ford Fairmonts...  Ooops, my coworker likes those!  Can't crush
them, now, can we...

Just my opinion!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan    :)