fot

Re: Government assault on our toys!

To: Tony Drews <drewst03@home.com>
Subject: Re: Government assault on our toys!
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:12:13 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

If anyone wants to actually read the text of this thing, set your browser
to:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c107:1:./temp/~c107j4dFC7:e198302:

Section 803 does seem to be fairly broad.

If I were to write to my senators (note: both are fairly clueless to thier
constituency e.g. Ted Kennedy and John Kerry), I'm sure thier stance would
be for this bill. I'll write/call, but I don't think my voice will be
heard.

But I would put in such a letter language about creating a "transportation
divide", e.g. don't create legislation to make it so low-income people
cannot afford a car...

As for the hobbyist end of things, I hope that SEMA can produce some
numbers that describe the impact a little better than "at any time there
are 300,000 vehicle bing restored". That's pretty vague.

Start writing, folks.

rml
p.s. thanks for the "heads up".
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |