fot

drive shaft angle

To: "team" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: drive shaft angle
From: "Rob Dardano" <19to1tr6@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 21:55:58 -0500
Hi guys , Ladies I was working on my tr-6 today and noticed that the
differental pinon flange has a radical up wared angle and is making the drive
shaft U joint work very hard , The rubber mounts are new. A friend and i
messured the frame every which way looking for an out point and did not find
any thing wrong > It would take lenghting the front mounting studs and
shimming the rubber mounts  this would level the diff and strighten the drive
shaft line to the tranny making the U joints work less ,but would I create any
other problems and is this exsisting angle a part of the design.   thanks
rob