fot

Re: drive shaft angle

To: "Rob Dardano" <19to1tr6@mediaone.net>, "team" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: drive shaft angle
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:00:11 +1300
Rob,
I'm not an expert on TRs by any means, but as far as I know the nose of the
Triumph 2000 diff was dropped at some point to deliberately make the UJ work
more and so prevent a problem called propshaft mangle where vibrations occur
because there is insufficient loading on the UJs. However because a UJ is
not a constant velocity joint it is imperative that the UJs are in line with
each other when they are run through an angle otherwise the speeding up and
slowing down of the shaft is different from each end and creates major
vibration problems.
John Kipping