fot

Re: Triumph-3/4 Oil Lubricating System

To: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>, <WEmery7451@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Triumph-3/4 Oil Lubricating System
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:48:10 +1300
If crank bearings are going to be subject to extreme stresses then it is
important to get hold of either Vandervall, Glacier LC or the Israeli heavy
duty ones. Standard Glacier bearings are made by the surface material being
pressed into place and under extremes it can literally be wiped off. The
crank thrust problem is slighly different and Glacier managed to make a
problem even worse by supplying their rubbish in place of vastly superior
Vandervall ones when they took over Vandervall. Nowadays Federal Mogul own
them both and probably couldn't care less about investigating crank thrust
problems in thirty year old cars.
Don't forget that for a certain period of time standard Glacier bearings
were packed in Vandervall boxes, check on the steel backing for the G in a
square box.
John Kipping