fot

Re: Oiling Tool for the Trunions

To: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Subject: Re: Oiling Tool for the Trunions
From: Justin <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 00:23:26 -0800
Well, I spent $3.99 on the gun, $3.99 on the grease hose, and about a buck for
the adapter and o-ring.   That's $9.00 plus tax.  I didn't have to throw away
any grease.    You spent $13.00... and spoiled the environment with all that
grease you wasted.  : )

Yes, of course... anyone could buy a grease gun... and simply not use grease.  I
just happened to like the adaptation to an oil gun, as it seems more elegant and
appropriate.   And the oil gun does happen to double as an oil gun... whereas a
grease gun full of gear oil... well... what are you gonna do?  Drain out the oil
between jobs?

Besides, I kind of like the look of the whole affair. What it needs now is a
sticker across the can that says "Lucas" or "Girling"...to really give it the
right touch.  : )

Oh, and... ummm....  using clothespins for something other than hangin' clothes
is a movie industry grip thing, and I'm not in that union.

--Justin