fot

Re: aw nuts!

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: aw nuts!
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 22:06:46 EDT
In a message dated 5/11/2002 9:14:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bownes@seiri.com writes:

> ...The mice had filled the mufflers with acorns....

Back when I was about 17 or so, I had stripped out the Herald sedan (which
I'm still reassembling/restoring again 32 years later, but more about THAT
another time) and placed the engine neatly on the floor of my parents'
garage. It was complete down to the carburetor and manifolds. A number of
years later, when I went to reinstall it in the aforementioned Herald sedan,
I discovered that the manifold and all the ports on the head were stuffed
full of birdseed. Took a bit of cleaning up....

Fast forward to a couple of years ago, when I decided to change the
long-neglected air filter on the Ford Explorer, whereupon I discovered in the
housing a large clump of hair and hair-like substances. This apparently had
been accumulated over some period of time, as it actually had begun to take
the shape (and density) of carpet underlayment. Didn't affect the performance
of the Explorer, though. And that's not something one would ever find in the
oil bath air cleaner on the Herald....

--Andy Mace