fot

Re: Overdrive Wiring or Not

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive Wiring or Not
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 11:14:05 -0500
On some of the stock boxes, they have a reverse switch to turn on the
reverse lights.  In my TR-4 repair manual, this is considered an "optional"
circuit, as is the overdrive circuit.  You'd need to create a circuit that
would be a normally closed circuit that opens when the reverse light switch
closes.  Easily done with a relay.  Good idea.  However, if the relay fails
or the reverse switch fails you can still reverse in OD.

- Tony Drews