fot

Race Car for Sale

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Race Car for Sale
From: "John Price" <jprice1@txcyber.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:33:06 -0500
Amici:

I've had several inquiries from the list about my TVR, so I'll just put all
the data out there. I will be listing it in other places, but if you know
anyone who would like to give this baby a home, let me know. Pictures
available on request.
Johns TVR

1971 TVR 2500.

The car is prepared for vintage racing to 1972 SCCA C-Production specs and
General Course Rules. It is not street legal. Currently being raced with CVAR.
The TVR 2500 is built on a TR-6 drivetrain. The engine, tranny and diff are
TR-6 as are the rear axles and brakes. The rear uprights (hubs) are TVR. The
front hubs are GT-6/Triumph Herald. The sway bar is Triumph Spitfire/GT6. The
2500 uses the TR-6 3.45:1 FI diff ratio.

Engine:

9.5:1 ported head. Mild street cam (about 265 degrees. Gillanders says it
sounds like one of his and the PO says he bought it from

BFE. We can't find the receipt.).

Ceramic-coated headers with full-length 2-1/2" exhaust pipe (At CVAR we don't
need no stinkin' mufflers.).

Triple Weber 40DCOE carburetors.

Gear-reduction starter.

Engine has about 12 hours on it since new main and rod bearings at same time
as installation of new head.

Compression check on 6/30/02 showed 130/130/130/125/135/130.

Other Stuff:

Roll bar

8-gallon fuel cell. Dual Facet solid-state electric pumps. Fram filter.

Accusump system

On-board fire suppression system

2 racing seats with five-point harness

Kill Switch

Electric cooling fan

Lots of Earl's and Aeroquip armored hoses in fuel and oil systems.

Yokahama A-008 196/60-15 tires on Panasport 6" wheels.

SPAX shocks with Hyperco springs.

Fiberglass body is very straight with no damage. Excellent BRG paint.

Current CVAR logbook.

Asking $17,500. Tandem-axle dovetail trailer available

John Price