fot

Re: Near Disaster

To: BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Re: Near Disaster
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 10:09:59 EDT
Amici,
We're seeing this issue a lot out West with the Weber carb floats.  The new
fuels dissolve the solder on the tanks and they fill up.  One at a time we're
all converting to the new plastic floats.

BTW, a good way to test the float is to immerse it in warm water.  The air
inside will expand and bubble out of any pinholes.
Steve Smith

<<
 Amici:

 A similar situation exists with current era Race Gas and the fuel bowl
floats
 in SU carbs.  The gas eats away at the center seam causing failure at the
 most in opportune times.  This is particularly true when using the new,
after
 market, replacement floats.  The gas will get the old ones too, but they
seem
 to last longer.

 Bill Dentinger