fot

RE: Lifter Hardness

To: "Larry Young" <cartravel@pobox.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lifter Hardness
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 16:26:38 -0700
Larry,

Ken Gillanders at British Frame and Engine has a much harder lifter
available. They are smaller diameter and require installing a sleeve. I have
installed but not yet run a set of these lifters so I can't give you any
experience with them. I would take a harder metal over a surface treatment
given the choice.

Cheers,

Brad
62 TR4

<<Does anyone make decent lifters,
without going to the smaller GT40 lifters?  I'd like to stay with full
sized lifters.  Has anyone considered having lifters made or having the
soft lifters hardened?  Do we know the type of metal they are made
from? >>