fot

Re: Lifter Hardness

To: johnkipping@inet.net.nz, cartravel@pobox.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lifter Hardness
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 23:50:30 EDT
I am not sure if this is a good idea, but I use to take used lifters from a
discarded street engine and have them refaced.  Sometimes I would try to get
the tops cut down as described in Kas's black book, but I never bored any of
them out on the inside to lighten them.  The last set of used lifters that I
tried to have cut down could not be cut by the machinist.  He sent them out
somewhere else, and this place could not cut them, because they were so hard.

Some of the previous messages make me think that buying new lifters might not
always be the best idea.