fot

Phantom Grip LSD

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Phantom Grip LSD
From: "John Wilkins" <john@race-dogs.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 10:52:34 -0700
Jack,
I don't think anyone is claiming that it Locks or makes the Diff stronger.
It's pretty obvious for that happen you must change the the diff all
together or have the weak links in the original made from stronger materials
and adding locking unit, which you know means much more than $270.00.  But
if you're looking for a better setup than a open Diff, than this would be a
option for you. As Jerry Alford has stated it is new for us in VARA and
testing and results are on the way. Steve's GT6 will definitely be putting
some torque to that unit and I can hardly wait to race against him in
Buttonwillow and get some insight. I personally love my Det. Locker, but I
setup for that "PUSH". I also race with welded Diffs, "the cheapest of the
solutions" big Push!  I have checked into a clutch type unit and it's going
to be $600.00 a diff and it will be custom for each Diff. WOW 3 x $600.00!!!
Custom parts and clutches, HMMM!, not winning any money for this hobby makes
it tough to justify! I think I'm going to wait for some results and hope
they are good. I have all kinds of questions since it is metal to metal
essentially. What type of gear oil you they use? Will it make a difference
to use synthetic? Do they recommend additives? Inquiring minds want to know
and I'm sure Jerry A. and Steve S. will post results as they gather more
track time on these units! Good Luck Guys!

John Wilkins "#892 DP Triumph Spitfire"