fot

Re: Auto-art .... Was blatant etc

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Auto-art .... Was blatant etc
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 22:14:13 EST
In a message dated 11/24/02 6:36:05 PM Eastern Standard Time, N197TR4@cs.com
writes:

> If you cant sell it, you can always make auto-art out of it. I just
> attached
> a crankshaft to a flywheel, set the assembly vertical, put an aluminum race
>
> wheel on top of it and then bought a glass table top from the Hobby Lobby
> on
> a 1/3 price sale. For about $20, I now have a unique end table.
>
> I'd sell it $100   :-)    No I wouldnt...just kidding.

Joe,

It might fetch a higher price if you refer to it as  "assemblage art" or
"assemblage sculpture".  I hear that's what the artists (and  people who pay
amazing $$$ ) call it.

I doubt any FOT member  would spend money on your table (which I think is
pretty cool!) or something similar, but it's big world out there....  so I'm
assembling a few pieces myself :-)

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA