fot

RE: GT6 ring and pinion interchange?

To: "'WEmery7451@aol.com'" <WEmery7451@aol.com>, BillDentin@aol.com,
Subject: RE: GT6 ring and pinion interchange?
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:22:46 -0800
All good comments and probably mostly true, though I think it's the wear
that matters, not the original manufacturing tolerances. But only relevant
for thousands of miles of ordinary use or hundreds of miles of racing. For
this application it couldn't matter as long as the gears are shimmed for
proper engagement. Might be a little noisy, might even get a little hot.
But who cares--unless you wind up driving the car after the challenge.