fot

Re: GT6 ring and pinion interchange?

To: "Erik Quackenbush" <erik@midwestfilter.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT6 ring and pinion interchange?
From: "Tom Strange" <tstrange@new.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:29:51 -0600
Erik,
  I just went through this.... I'm not sure, but I think if you compare the
two pinions, they will be a little different.  It may just be the curvature
of the teeth.
  You may be able to get away with the swap, but compare them very closely,
and as someone else said, be exact with allignment and tollerances.
  General rule is... never mix and match.  Each set is numbered for a
reason.
  Tom