fot

Re: Suspension/Handling Questions

To: "Larry Young" <cartravel@pobox.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Suspension/Handling Questions
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:25:46 +1300
I'm not an expert on bump steer but.........AFAIK the whole steering rack
should be straight in its normal rested state so that as it moves with the
suspension the effective length change is very small. Lowering a car would
then suggest either the steering rack has to be raised or the the steering
arms effectively lowered so the inner ball joint assemblies are again in
line with the rest of the rack and parallel to the road. No idea how you do
it though.
John Kipping