fot

RE: Daytona Prototypes

To: "'N44RT@aol.com'" <N44RT@aol.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Daytona Prototypes
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 12:42:42 -0800
The Speed Channel story is a sad one. I still have a sign under my shop TV
that says "If you don't want to watch Speedvision you're in the wrong
place". But Speed Channel is owned by Fox (and from what I understand, by
Nascar) so what can you expect. Taxicabs. I don't see how anyone can watch
a NASCAR race. Sure, these guys are great drivers, but what a boring
format. I know why the fans are always Blotto, it's the only way you can
stand it. I have a t-shirt that sums it up: "Too dumb for opera, too smart
for NASCAR."