fot

RE: Daytona Prototypes

To: "'Jim Hill'" <jrhill@chorus.net>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Daytona Prototypes
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 22:24:49 -0800
I race a Radical DSR in SCCA. No one wants to watch those races, even me.
You go, you race, you go home. That's okay, that's why they call it club
racing. Good competition, fast cars, great practice. No parties
afterwards, not much camaraderie, just a wimpy little trophy (though they
look kind of cute in my office).

But it's not really supposed to be a spectacle, NASCAR is. I do prefer
vintage racing--it's much more of a social event. When one conflicts with
the other I always choose the vintage event, which is why I'll probably
never manage to get my national license.