fot

suspension thoughts

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: suspension thoughts
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:00:38 -0600
There's one consideration regarding TR suspension that has not yet been
discussed.

I don't have a copy of the 1963 (or so) SCCA rule book, but having raced
during that era, it sticks in my mind that the rules for production cars
stated that suspension pickup points must be stock. This would prohibit
modifying the chassis to move the pickup points. This rule was similar to
the rule for radiators which said that any radiator was allowed as long as
the original mounting holes were used.

Maybe my memory doesn't work so well any more, like some of my other body
parts, and maybe with all the other things that we do that are not
according to 1963 rules, it doesn't matter. I would certainly not complain
about another competitor who did this, but I won't do it.

uncle jack