fot

Re: Interesting Difference of Opinion About TR2 and TR3 Small

To: BillDentin@aol.com, Group44TR7@aol.com, tr3a@att.net
Subject: Re: Interesting Difference of Opinion About TR2 and TR3 Small
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 11:49:57 -0400
I agree with Bill.

My racecar TR3 is TS 22312L, one of the first 300 widemouth cars built.
However, it has the two budget locks holding the bootlid closed and no
handle on the center key lock, similar to the TR2s and smallmouth TR3s. It
appears to be the original bootlid.

I think Triumph used up what they had on the shelf without thinking (or
caring) that this would cause heated arguments between enthusiasts 40 years
later. It is not realistic to think that Triumph would be absolutely strict
about change points when you see these anomalies.

Bill Piggott makes references to several of these anomalies in Triumph by
Name, Triumph by Nature. He knows of even more, but didn't have the room to
fit them all in the book. Many occur around the TS60000 changes.

John