fot

RE: Interesting Difference of Opinion About TR2 and TR3 Small

To: "'Larry Young'" <cartravel@pobox.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Interesting Difference of Opinion About TR2 and TR3 Small
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:15:57 -0700
> I  think we can describe
> what is PROPER for a particular model, but to be sure, there was some
> inconsistency.  Maybe some dealers took liberties for whatever
> reason, but as a matter of
> fact, it seems obvious to me that a few TRIUMPH models were built with
> whatever was on the shelf that particular day.

There's a rather amusing book written by John Macartney, whose father worked
at Standard Triumph most of his life, as John himself did until their
eventual demise.  One of my favorite stories in the book tells of a car that
was ready to be delivered to it's new owner, until it was discovered to have
two wire wheels on one side, and two disc wheels on the other; with a pair
of each in the boot!

So, in addition to whatever peccadilloes the factory or the dealers may have
committed on purpose, simple mistakes certainly happened as well.

If anyone is interested, I think you can still buy the book at :
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook/

Randall