fot

Fwd: Handling question

To: fot@autox.team.net ('fot@autox.team.net')
Subject: Fwd: Handling question
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 12:36:58 EDT
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Full-name: BillDentin
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 12:35:58 EDT
Subject: Re: Handling question
To: Simon@telephonestogo.ca

In a message dated 06/19/2003 11:08:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
Simon@telephonestogo.ca writes:

> When crossing grooves caused by heavy vehicles the i.r.s. cars do a weird
> "snake hips" sort of wiggle, due to toe change at the rear wheels I suppose.
> I have only noticed this in street driving, possibly tracks are smoother,
> but
> I cannot imagine it helps lap times or predictability.
> Other than changing to polyurethane bushings is there any other solution,
> and
> will the bushings eliminate or just reduce this?

Amici:

I like the IRSs, where the wheels fold under when they hit a bump.

This may produce some interesting takes.

Mike Belfer always said the 'Live Axle' TRs made better race cars.

Jack Wheeler said, "Wanna bet?"...and he won a national title.

What'd we do?  Count votes?

Bill Dentinger