fot

RE: Limited-Slip Diff questions

To: "'Coffey, Jack'" <CoffeyJack@bfusa.com>, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Limited-Slip Diff questions
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:50:44 -0700
I bought a finned cover for mine but I haven't installed it yet because it
interferes with my panhard bar. But I checked my temperatures with some
temperature sensitive paint and got about 250 degrees F. Hot, but not
terribly so. I also drained the oil to see how it looked, and it was fine.
It may be that the way mine is set up it doesn't slip much, or it could be
that Peyote's relatively light weight helps. I had planned to add a pump
and cooler if necessary, but so far I'm OK. I'm running the version of
Redline that's okay for LSDs--I don't recall what that is.

I doubt the diff will run cooler later--it's the clutches sliding that
makes all the heat. That will continue unless you change something.

Peyote is transformed with the LSD. I used to spend a lot of attention on
getting the back wheel to hook back up in tight turns. Now I just nail it.